These were published as a brochure by William Boetcker in 1916. I think these are worth thinking about, especially as we move into the election next Tuesday. Thoughtfully consider the candidates and then vote, my dear friends. This is a great privilege and responsibility that has been bought with the blood of many.
1. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
2. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
3. You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
4. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
5. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
6. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
7. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
8. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
9. You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
10 You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do for themselves.
Let’s get FROSTY…again
1 week ago