NEW BLOG LOCATIONS

I've moved to another two blogs, one on writing, and one on general stuff like this one. Please come visit! MY NEW BLOGS:

http://amydeardon1.blogspot.com

http://thestorytemplate.blogspot.com


Thursday, October 28, 2010

Am I Crazy?

This is turning out to be a busy fall. I plan to start blogging again, 3x a week, in January. I may put up a stray entry before then; we'll have to see. In the meantime, enjoy the holidays.

Here's what's going on:

* A release is planned in December or January for my E-Book organizing my blog entries on writing, and I'll let you know when it goes up. A print edition is planned for Summer 2011. The tentative title is: WRITING AND PUBLISHING: STRUCTURE A STORY, WRITE A SUBPLOT, EDIT YOUR WORK, FIND A LITERARY AGENT, SELF-PUBLISH A PRINT BOOK, AND E-PUBLISH ON KINDLE WITHOUT KNOWING HTML.

* For the month of November, I have decided to accept the challenge of the National Novel Writing Month: to write 50,000 words in thirty days. I've already organized a story outline and drawn up a clean log into which I can record my daily output. I will aim for 2000 words per day, 6 days per week. This week I've been freezing dinners so that I won't have to interrupt a writing jag to cook for a hungry family. My logline is: After a near death experience, a medical student falls in love with a young woman who doesn’t seem to exist, and must discover who she is before his life runs out a second time.

* Finally, I am happy to announce that A LEVER LONG ENOUGH is a finalist in EPIC's annual e-book publishing competition. I don't know how many finalists have been chosen, but it is out of a field of almost 500 so I feel honored. The winner will be announced in March 2011. Keep your fingers crossed!


3 comments:

Kat Heckenbach said...

Ooh, cool! I like the story premise for your NaNoWriMo novel :).

Will the writing ebook be available in multiple formats? So, for instance, those of us with Nook rather than Kindle will be able to get our hands on it? :D

Congrats on the nomination!!!

Anne Lang Bundy said...

I'm thrilled for you, Amy!

BTW, it was SO COOL to see you nominated for Mentor of the Year at the ACFW awards banquet. I beamed with pride for you!

Ruth Ann Dell said...

So thrilled to hear that A LEVER LONG ENOUGH is an Epic finalist! Congratulations.

I wish you a productive NaNoWriMo.

May God bless you as you write for Him.