NEW BLOG LOCATIONS

I've moved to another two blogs, one on writing, and one on general stuff like this one. Please come visit! MY NEW BLOGS:

http://amydeardon1.blogspot.com

http://thestorytemplate.blogspot.com


Monday, October 26, 2009

Epitaph in Bookish Style

Here's a poem by Ben Franklin. I love it!

*

EPITAPH IN BOOKISH STYLE

The Body of

Benjamin Franklin

Printer

(Like the cover of an old book

Its contents torn out

And stript of its lettering and gilding)

Lies here, food for worms.

But the work shall not be lost

For it will (as he believed) appear once more

In a new and more elegant edition

Revised and corrected

by

The Author.

5 comments:

KM Wilsher said...

Nice, Amy!

Kat Heckenbach said...

That is SO cool. I love it!

Anne Lang Bundy said...

My friend Rosslyn Elliott has blogged often on Ben Franklin. I just emailed her a copy of this.

Andra M. said...

Ben Franklin is one of my favorite people.

Neat poem, and one many writers can appreciate.

Rosslyn Elliott said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for posting this snippet. I found it very interesting because of the ambiguity of Franklin's religious beliefs.

I just signed up for Facebook networked blogs so we can network. :-) I haven't really figured it out yet, but I'll get the hang of it soon.