NEW BLOG LOCATIONS

I've moved to another two blogs, one on writing, and one on general stuff like this one. Please come visit! MY NEW BLOGS:

http://amydeardon1.blogspot.com

http://thestorytemplate.blogspot.com


Saturday, July 5, 2008

CS Lewis at the Pub

It seems like the only person I quote on this blog is C.S. Lewis. Truly I read many writers and philosophers, but lately his works seem to speak to me like nothing else. What a great man. I wish I could have had the chance to converse with him, or maybe just sit and listen to his conversations with his fellow Inklings (including JRR Tolkien) at the pub.

This quote touches me deeply. I suspect most of us have sacrificed great dreams and/or watched them die. This quote gives hope.

Have a wonderful day, my dear friends.

Nothing, not even what is lowest and most bestial, will not be raised again if it submits to death.”
–The Great Divorce

2 comments:

Rosslyn Elliott said...

That *is* a good quotation. You need to join my small group here in the Southwest. We have a joke that we're going to start ringing a little bell every time one of us quotes C.S. Lewis during discussion. :-)

BarryDean said...

Amy,

Thanks for commenting on my blog posting for "The Shack". I have stopped a bit to read a few things here on your blog, and I find it fascinating. I would be interested in reading your first novel. The overview you provided would make for a very interesting fictional story.

I am partial to the Puritan quotes but like your commenter above Lewis will do nicely as well.

Just an observation ... it would be easier for those who do not have a Blogspot or Google account to comment if you utilized the open ID function in Blogger. Margo's Moments utilizes this function.

BarryDean