Rosslyn has tagged me! I need to put down seven random facts about myself. You already know I'm married with two kids, so I'll keep the facts solely about me. OK, here are a few I thought of:
1. When I was a kid I used to ride a unicycle to get around the city, since I could take it with me on public transportation. The 24 inch wheels are better for going places; the 20 inch wheels are better for tricks. I learned to ride backwards a little, but needed a wide space to practice in. And no, I never learned to juggle :-)
2. I taught myself to play guitar. In high school I used to play and sing every day, but not for a long time now. I still play piano though. In college I made good money perfoming flute for weddings and graduations.
3. I'm fashion-challenged. The only things that are important for me about clothing are that it's not too tight, not too loose, and it's a nice color. My favorite colors are red or orange, green, brown, and black. Turquoise or teal are also OK.
4. Numbers stick in my brain -- I can dial a telephone number and remember it a week later. Names and faces, on the other hand, are challenging -- I get my DIH (deer in headlights) look when someone says "hi" to me out of context at the grocery store.
5. Everyone is happier if I don't go camping. I've never been. I never will of my own volition. There's a reason God invented mattresses and hot showers.
6. I am sensitive to noise, and carry earplugs in my purse at all times. When I need to wear them, my hair covers my ears so no one knows. I also don't function well outside during the day without sunglasses.
7. And one more...I long to see dear friends in Heaven.
OK, now I have to tag more friends. Hmm, I need to choose people who will appreciate this. In alphabetical order, how about:
Avily -- But Travis got to her before me! Curse you, Red Baron!
I need to write to all of you, so expect the *official invitation* soon... Beware...
12 hours ago