NEW BLOG LOCATIONS

I've moved to another two blogs, one on writing, and one on general stuff like this one. Please come visit! MY NEW BLOGS:

http://amydeardon1.blogspot.com

http://thestorytemplate.blogspot.com


Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Reason for the Season

With all the hoopla and preparations for Christmas, it's important to remember why the celebrations began in the first place.

This may seem more of an Easter rather than a Christmas portrait -- but to me, this is the reason for the season. Who is Jesus?



"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.

Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

"What is truth?" Pilate asked.

3 comments:

Brandon Barr said...

Merry Christmas Amy :)

Anne Lang Bundy said...

I want to find the quote again, but I'm reminded of the message that the first real Christmas tree cut down had no branches, for hung upon is was only our Savior.

Merry Christmas!

Andra M. said...

Ah, what is truth? How easy it gets lost, both in Jesus' time and in ours.

Luckily God never forgets, and is more than happy to remind us now and again.

Merry Christmas!