NEW BLOG LOCATIONS

I've moved to another two blogs, one on writing, and one on general stuff like this one. Please come visit! MY NEW BLOGS:

http://amydeardon1.blogspot.com

http://thestorytemplate.blogspot.com


Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Welcome to my Party!


At 1:50 p.m. I sent off the final draft of Lever. It's done!

I want to write something funny, but frankly I'm pooped. Since I finished the copyediting, I've spent the last five days closely vetting everything that I could think of about this ms, and yesterday and today reread every blessed word one more time just to make sure it was OK.

So, fingers crossed.

You'll note that my manuscript went in one day late. Them's the breaks. It should be all right, though, dear friends, never fear. I have a lot more to do relatively quickly, but I refuse to think about any more today.

Have a sip of champagne (or coke, or milk, or tea) and celebrate with me. Sit with me for a minute, and imagine holding that first book...

~happy thoughts~

OK, back to the real world of homework and housework. It's time for me to make dinner. I'm too tired to cook, so I've defrosted lentil soup that I made last month. It's maybe not as good a dinner as some, but oh well. I have just enough corn meal to make corn muffins...

~smiling~ to dear friends


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy, wishing you uber-congratulations on the completion of your editing. I can't wait to get my hands on the book.

sarah said...

HOORAY!!! Congratulations Amy! That is so wonderful.

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy either.

Rosslyn Elliott said...

Great news about your book! I'm sure that is such a feeling of accomplishment. Party on. :-)