NEW BLOG LOCATIONS

I've moved to another two blogs, one on writing, and one on general stuff like this one. Please come visit! MY NEW BLOGS:

http://amydeardon1.blogspot.com

http://thestorytemplate.blogspot.com


Monday, August 17, 2009

Canticle of the Turning

We Christians talk about the *gospel*, the good news, that God has done all that is necessary so that we may be reconciled to Him, but on the flip side this means we are completely weak and must depend solely on His provision. I believe this flip side is the ultimate stumbling block to accepting Jesus as Lord. Some might argue that the block to Christianity is *Fairy Tales*; I say to this person, investigate before you condemn. You may be surprised at the answers. Others may argue a pantheistic theology; I submit that Christianity is the only belief system that is internally consistent.

The Lord says that His Spirit will not always *strive with man* though:

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. (AKJV, Genesis 6:3)

Our existence in this world is the only chance we have to freely choose Him, without being overwhelmed with His presence.

One of the lesser evidences I see for the existence of God is the deep sense we humans all have of justice, and of hopeful things, despite evidence in this world to the contrary. This is a great song that I hope you enjoy, that discusses some of these things. This particular recording is sung by Gary Daigle, Rory Cooney & Theresa Donohoo.



Lyrics:

My soul cries out with a joyful shout
that the God of my heart is great,
And my spirit sings of the wondrous things
that you bring to the one who waits.
You fixed your sight on the servant's plight,
and my weakness you did not spurn,
So from east to west shall my name be blest.
Could the world be about to turn?

Refrain:
My heart shall sing of the day you bring.
Let the fires of your justice burn.
Wipe away all tears,
For the dawn draws near,
And the world is about to turn.

Though I am small, my God, my all,
you work great things in me.
And your mercy will last from the depths of the past
to the end of the age to be.
Your very name puts the proud to shame,
and those who would for you yearn,
You will show your might, put the strong to flight,
for the world is about to turn.

Refrain

From the halls of power to the fortress tower,
not a stone will be left on stone.
Let the king beware for your justice tears
every tyrant from his throne.
The hungry poor shall weep no more,
for the food they can never earn;
These are tables spread, ev'ry mouth be fed,
for the world is about to turn.

Refrain

Though the nations rage from age to age,
we remember who holds us fast:
God's mercy must deliver us
from the conqueror's crushing grasp.
This saving word that our forbears heard
is the promise that holds us bound,
'Til the spear and rod be crushed by God,
who is turning the world around.

Refrain

1 comment:

KM Wilsher said...

"One of the lesser evidences I see for the existence of God is the deep sense we humans all have of justice, and of hopeful things, despite evidence in this world to the contrary" . . . Oh yeah!

Nice song, Amy ;)