NEW BLOG LOCATIONS

I've moved to another two blogs, one on writing, and one on general stuff like this one. Please come visit! MY NEW BLOGS:

http://amydeardon1.blogspot.com

http://thestorytemplate.blogspot.com


Friday, November 7, 2008

More Quick Chocolate for Dear Friends

The 5 minute wonder cake left me longing for this. Normally I don't make lots of desserts out of the blue, but this is definitely a chocolate weekend. Enjoy, my dear friends.

Chocolate Pudding

1 cup sugar
4 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons cocoa, preferably Dutch-processed
1/2 tsp salt
dash of cinnamon
3 cups milk, or 1 cup dried milk plus 3 cups water

In a saucepan combine dry ingredients, then stir in liquid. Over medium-high heat bring to boil, stirring constantly. This takes about 10 minutes, and the mixture will thicken with slow bubbles. Boil for about a minute, then remove from heat. Stir and let sit for about five minutes to cool a bit, then stir again and pour into small dishes or a bowl. You can serve warm or cold. This is best with some Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream on top :-)

I feel like I'm contributing to the delinquency of sweet tooths all over, but oh well.

Back to serious topics tomorrow. I just needed a break today.

3 comments:

Gwen Stewart said...

No, no, Amy...chocolate IS a serious subject. Antioxidants. And as a woman of research, you know that chocolate endorphin rush is real and documented. ;)

I'm happily reading. Good stuff!

Rita Gerlach said...

You are also contributing to my weight gain! No, I agree with Gwen. Chocolate is full of antioxidants. My husband's late grandmother lived to the ripe age of 99, and when I asked her what the secret was, she replied 'Moderation in everything, and chocolate.'

Avily Jerome said...

Mmmmmmm............ chocolate......

I'm allergic to dairy (not lactose intolerant, but actually allergic to anything that has any dairy in it) so usually I can't have choclolate, or if I do I feel really gulty... but I could make that with rice milk....

Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog!