NEW BLOG LOCATIONS

I've moved to another two blogs, one on writing, and one on general stuff like this one. Please come visit! MY NEW BLOGS:

http://amydeardon1.blogspot.com

http://thestorytemplate.blogspot.com


Thursday, November 13, 2008

NANOMANIA and Update

Just a short entry today.

I have a bunch of writer friends who are doing NaNo (National Novel Writing Month), where the writer attempts to write 50,000 words in a month. I've been interested to see how quickly my email inbox has emptied!

I'm not brave enough to go the full boat myself, although in honor of all of this effort I've been aiming to write 750-1000 words per day (5000-6000 words per week), and believe me the pages pile up. It's fun to get back to writing full time, since I've spent the last many moons getting Lever ready to roll.

I'm working on the prequel now, Nest Among the Stars, about Sara's space station disaster. I have about 50-60,000 words on it so far, with a *shock and awe* outer story. I'm buffing the inner story.

I just wanted to mention an awesome book I'm working through as I do this. This book sits by my computer, and asks insightful questions as I develop plot ideas and character entanglements. I'm freewriting lots of answers; this book has triggered some interesting ideas. Here it is:

John Truby's Anatomy of Story

OK, there's my tip for the day. Now go forth and write!

2 comments:

Avily Jerome said...

Sounds like a good book- great for referencing.

I'm a NaNoWriMoer, and that's taking up all or more of my spare time. It's quite an undertaking- we'll see how I do! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book reference. I didn't do NaNoWriMo--timing was off. I'm hearing they may do another in January. I'm all about that one, though. After the holidays, I'm sure I'll be full of ideas. Right?? LOL.