NEW BLOG LOCATIONS

I've moved to another two blogs, one on writing, and one on general stuff like this one. Please come visit! MY NEW BLOGS:

http://amydeardon1.blogspot.com

http://thestorytemplate.blogspot.com


Friday, March 20, 2009

Natasha RIP



I don't know about you, but I'm always shocked when a vibrant celebrity dies unexpectedly. I shouldn't be, I know. It's strange that death SHOULD be such a shock.

Natasha Richardson was the oldest daughter of Vanessa Redgrave and Tony Richardson, born in 1963 (just a little older than me). She was learning to ski on Monday, had a seemingly inconsequential tumble on a beginner slope, and two days later was dead. The autopsy showed an epidural hematoma, a bleed that puts pressure on the brain and may cause it to herniate, eventually leading to coma and death.

My only clear memory of Ms. Richardson was her role as Elizabeth James in the remake of The Parent Trap (1998) as the mom of spunky twins (played by a precocious Lindsey Lohan) who is reunited with their father. It was a cute movie. Ms. Richardson was an award-winning actress who acted both on stage and screen.

She was married to Liam Neeson, who played Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi Wan's mentor in the Star Wars series, among other roles. They had two boys, Micheal born in 1995, and Daniel born in 1996.

It's just sad. This life seems to last forever, but my friends, savor every moment. You don't know how long you may have.

3 comments:

Billy Coffey said...

This shocked me, too, and my prayers for her family. A reminder that life is a tenuous thing, and that we should always be ready to go.

Anonymous said...

I was also stunned by her death. My thoughts and prayers to her family.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what a shocker. I loved her in Parent Trap. It's just crazy.