I received this email, and thought it would be good to pass it along. Stay safe!
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do : The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do.
2. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, do not hand it to him. Toss it away from you. Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. Run like mad in the other direction.
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their check book, or making a list, etc.) Don't do this. The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. As soon as you get into your car, lock the doors and leave.
5. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head, do not drive off. Instead, gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your air bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
6. When getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. It is always better to be safe than sorry. (And better paranoid than dead.)
7. Always take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at night.
8. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, always run. The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times, and even then, it most likely will not be a vital organ. Run in a zig -zag pattern.
9. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic. It may get you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted
his next victim.
10. If you hear a crying baby outside your window, don't open your door. Some police think this method may be used by predators who make a tape recording, and use it to get women to open their doors. For example, the Crying Baby Theory was mentioned in the profile of a serial killer in a recent episode of America's Most Wanted.
Time and Place
9 hours ago