Just wanted to give you a heads-up on this:
Lisa Tener coaches writing. She will be featuring a blog series February 2-6 written by Rusty Shelton and others from Phenix and Phenix Literary Publicists, about how to create a marketing platform.
Some of the subjects include:
- Why publicity is important
- How to develop your publicity and platform before you even write or publish your book -- and how that can set a foundation for great book sales
- How to develop a PR and platform building strategy
- How the publicity process works
- What goes into a press kit
- How to present yourself on the air (TV and radio)
- How to get invited back after an interview
- How to leverage the internet for PR
- How social media can support buzz for your book -- and how not to alienate people by misusing this medium.
I believe there will be opportunities to ask questions. I don't know how good this series will be, but thought I'd pass it along.
You can find Lisa's website HERE.
The Running Writer
4 hours ago